Monday, January 26, 2009

Fashion Corner: Kanye and Louis V. Team Up

Kanye West and Marc Jacobs @ Louis Vuitton show.
(
Photo:Courtesy of Louis Vuitton)

By now you should know that Kanye West ("Mr. Vainamatic", "Mr. I get my fashion from gay people".. "Mr....." yall know who I'm talking about) teamed up with Louis Vuitton to design a sneaker. The shoes were unveiled at the Fall 2009 Paris Men's Fashion week on January 22, 2009. About the shoes inception , Kanye was quoted as saying:

"We started from the sole. We made it lighter weight and flexible, so you can bend it…. I was inspired by the movie “Dune” because, as you know, I love sci-fi…. The collection had all these jackets that were very padded. They looked like maybe they had hockey pads in the jacket, and there was one where the collar came up really high. I took that element and I put that on the back of the shoe. It’s like the opposite of the tongue. Usually you have the tongue at the front. [This is] like a tongue at the back."


Guys? What do you think about this one.....



No comments: